for major life events:
Change is often imposed upon us through external events which
need an internal transition to manage:
- Committing to a relationship
- Becoming a parent
- Raising children
- Starting a new job
- Leaving a job or full time work
- Bereavement and loss
will help you to:
- Acknowledge feelings of loss
- Recognise what is not lost
- Identify support and taking care of self in transition
- Reframe negative thoughts
- Keep in mind the reasons for change
- Identify what is within personal control and what is not
For example how prepared are you for the harvest of your life’s
work in retirement?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What will you do when the travelling is finished?
- What concerns you?
- Are you happy with what you have achieved?
- What has been most satisfying?
- What has been least satisfying?
- What are your thoughts and expectations of relationships,
activities, time freedom and yet time running out
- Has life turned out as you expected? Why/why not?
- What do you regret? What have you not achieved?
- What one thing would you do differently?
- What do you see as your purpose in life, now?